Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thing #8 Blogs, RSS

I looked at the suggested feeds and some are ones I am familiar with but I didn't know about the cartoons! I look at my Chronicle of HEd feed when I fall behind on the newspaper and want to be sure I didn't miss any pertinent news. I find checking my blog a hard habit to add to my daily routine. I use it more as a back up plan.

In the near future a new library home page will be launched and it will use an RSS feed from the DNL blog to populate the News section. This saves time by writing the news once on the blog and then having it automatically appear on the library's home page.

I am very pleased to read that 15 people are working on the 23 Things program. I'm so proud of each of you who are taking the risk of exploring new technologies.

No comments: