Monday, February 11, 2008

Thing #16 Wikis

When looking at some of the wikis, I came across the sequel to Learning 2.0. I had seen the update many months ago but couldn't put my finger on it, so I was delighted to find it in a wiki. For those who might be interested, visit http://explorediscoverplay.blogspot.com/2007/02/adventure-continues.html for THings 24-49!

Princeton's wiki got me thinking about a book review wiki--perhaps focusing on our New Books and Popular Collection (including audiobooks). There's a faculty book club that might want to contribute reviews of their readings. I'm reading a book that a faculty member mentioned to another librarian as great and I'm enjoying it although I probably wouldn't have picked it up without her recommendation. Sometimes I pass the New Books area and a faculty member tells me that just read a particular title and really enjoyed it. You probably have had the same experience. I know many library staff are great readers. This might be a great way to create community and promote our resources.

No comments: